Best way to handle this?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by TraceyJ, May 15, 2019.

1. TraceyJ

TraceyJ New Member

After spending weeks scraping paint from my kitchen walls that cracked I can now see there was no mist coat.
    I have taken it back to plastered walls but the plaster does have dents, waves, cuts and its not ideal for painting really.
    I have a limited budget but I am determined to do what I can to the best of my ability.
    I can't afford lining paper which would be a good solution.

Do I fill with polyfiller or is there a better solution for me? Around light switches etc it is very bumpy and uneven?

For my mist coat do I water down armstead contract mat?

2. Ban90

Ban90 New Member

Depends how bad it is. I've used gyprock easifill with great results on low spots and cracks.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

A bag of Easifill will cost more than the lining paper, use Toupret interior filler, Screwfix sell it. It might be that the paint was applied over a previously wallpapered wall and not prepared correctly prior to painting..

4. TraceyJ

TraceyJ New Member

Do I buy powedered filler or ready mix filler? Is Toupret a good filler?

Do I mist coat and then fill or fill and then mist coat?

I have some armstead contract mat, how water should I add?

Any tips for getting a smooth painted walls? Plenty of sunshine hits our kitchen so any dents, waves etc in the plaster are really noticed when the sun hits the kitchen.