Best Woodfiller for untreated CLS

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Hillth02, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Hillth02

Hillth02 New Member

Hi folks could someone recommend a filler to use before I sand down and paint a bed I've just made from CLS

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Any 2 pack. That's resin and harder. I normally stick with white

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

If you want a single part filler suggestion I find Osmo very good, but it does smell funny!!

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

If your looking at the convenience of a fast setting filler so you can fill and be sanding down within 10-15 mins - then can’t beat a 2 pack type - Ronseal Wood Filler I favour myself, performs great, sands relatively easily for a 2 pack, dries rock hard, working through grades of paper, can sand to a glass like finish ahead of painting

If you’ve never used a 2 pack filler before (?), takes a little time to get used to due to the relatively short working time when mixed

If a new tin, around ten mins ‘open time’ before the stuff seizes up

So, mix small batches / work fast / have everything to hand / don’t contaminate new mix batch with old hardened filler or filler encrusted tools / keep lid on tin immediately once you’ve removed an amount / etc

Oh yeah ,,,, did I mention, sanding down within 10-15 mins - brilliant and a powdered filler / ready mixed can’t match this (as far as I know) but happy to be corrected as ever :)

5. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Di you want to fill cracks or shakes, deep holes or tiny little surface imperfections, end grain or what??