Bette Floor trays - Any experience fitting..?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Rowdey, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

Hiya All,

So, a client has deceided she wants to change from her proposed wet room to a Bette Tray - Not had the pleasure of fitting one of these before, and the website and customer services not that helpful..

I know that the Captain fits a few of these by preference - Mr Leaky (and others) any pointers on ensuring a quality install ?

I assume that you make a rebated floor within the joists to sink the legs down, as it can't go onto joists directly ?

Running the tiles in butt flush with the tray will be interesting, and will need some careful calcs to bear in mind the UFH.. How do you make the final join ?

cheers all,

R

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

3. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

A very good start, cheers Mr L.

I spoke to them today, and they were going to send me their latest file showing how to do without the frame if using on a subfloor..

Still waiting..

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

You can set the Bettefloor trays into a wooden floor but you need to build a timber support frame which can be a quite a fiddle. I have done a couple like this with no problems, either that or you raise the whole floor to meet the tray, not usually practical.