BIASI boiler loosing pressure

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Moses, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Moses

Moses Member

Biasi Compact HE 28Kw boiler loosing pressure.

I thought it might be a slow leak, so i added a leak sealer to the system about 4 weeks ago.

I still have a slow leak.

The running pressure is kept around 1 bar at full running temp of 70C.

Could it be the PRV? if so how do I check for that?

Can it be any thing else?

Please help.

2. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I thought it might be a slow leak, so i added a leak sealer to the system about 4 weeks ago..............................What Muppet forum were on that adviced that!!! That's one of the worst things you can do to a combi boiler!!! Any system leak is just that a system leak, that should be detected & repaired.

3. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

Dicks a little bit up him self cos of the weather,tie a clear poly bag round the PRV outlet outside,if youve got water innit,then its leaking,thus reducing pressure. got to go teas ready.

4. Moses

Moses Member

You r feeling under the weather DickPuller, I advise taking some calpol and a soother and going to bed.

5. Moses

Moses Member

Thanks for a constructive reply Spongeblob.

6. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

I would advise you come on here with a bit of humility and respect. So **** off

7. Moses

Moses Member

He was arrogant and you are being abusive!
    But thanks anyway, thats how people are now a day.

8. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

I think You were being arrogant and abusive to Puller,but thats how people are nowadays. You are the one asking advice?even if its arrogant and rude /you need to grow up and not bother coming on this site for a cheap quick fix.

9. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I was not being arrogant, I was just infoming you that you have taken bad advice. Leak sealer will knacker your combi boiler, knacker the circulator, the heat exchanger & the divertor etc, etc..........

A leak is a leak & it needs to be detected & repaired.