Biasi riva plus review

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Larry123, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Larry123

Larry123 Member

Hi all
    A friend of mine has just bought a house and the combis knackered.
    Due to stretching his finances to the limit buying the house he has about £500 to spend on a new boiler.
    Now I normally fit worcesters or the glowworm betacoms for a cheap boiler as I know they are made by vaillant but they only have a 2 year warranty, I've fitted 5-6 and had no major issues.
    I know ppl will say stick to what you know but can anyone tell me what the biasi riva's are like? he's seen them on screwfix and the 5 year warranty is appealing to him but I have no experience with them at all so was looking for reviews on them.

Many thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Well I've known two peeps who had Biasi boilers, & they went on for years without any problems.

Also fit a magnacleann filter Pro 2 magnetic filter to the system, will help to keep system in tip top condition, & have the system clean before fitting new boiler with a magnacleanse cleaning to remove any crud in system any good fitter will do this before new boiler.

3. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

i have Biasi garda he, at home , another 2 in rental property's ,my best mate has one and so does my nephew. all bought about 7 years ago from b&q , less than 600 quid including flue / f.loop AND 6 radiators ,all in. All of them have been trouble free except mine at home ( and I am the one who advised mate and nephew to get theirs ). the PCB blew on mine a year or so ago and cost 140 quid . but overall its the only breakdown across the board.

edit ...just out of curiosity had a look at my paperwork...mine was installed December 2007 !!.. mates and nephews were shortly after in Jan.but the rental props were about 7 years ago I just remembered .

4. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Personally I wouldn't touch a Biasi with yours let alone mine :) But if its a budget job and needs must the go for it. Plumbfix have them on offer this month with a flue added free.

5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

hi ,Dave does gas , why would you not ? if you don't mind be asking .have you had bad experiences with them ? regards terry.

6. Larry123

Larry123 Member

Hi guys thanks very much for your replies I'll have a chat with him and see what road he wants to go down

7. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Yes I have, The first ones being the Riva Compacts M90 range same boiler at the Ideal Mini range, Poorly built, pain to work on but then you get what you pay for.
    There are a lot of cheap and nasty boilers out there which do the job, the same as there are a lot of cheap cars on the road. I appreciate everyone has a budget to live within but I was always taught ony a rich man can afford cheap carpets.

terrymac likes this.