Big Bang......

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Mememe 2, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Mememe 2

Mememe 2 New Member

It seems that in the big bang theory, Nothing existed until the big bang, Then there was the universe, Is the creationist theory after having taken out God. However in order for the big bang to take place, the potential for the big bang must have existed, otherwise it could not have taken place. Therefore something must have existed even if it were only this potential...............

2. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

3. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

Me2Me2U, I would recommend you investigate the asymmetry of matter and antimatter. The conundrum is that all the matter and antimatter should recombine to form the nothing out of which it came, except if it were a perfect pairing, nothing could have ever existed - and I guess that imperfection is your potential. When you've sussed it out, let Brian know.

4. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Get a mirror , look into it , look at your left eye then look at your right eye , did you notice your eyes moving as you looked left and right ?

5. dickllewellyn

dickllewellyn Member

It all started as a giant thermos flask in the sky (the old type, not the new unbreakable ones), and somebody accidentally dropped it from about 3" off the ground. The impact of this drop caused an almighty implosion, causing the contents (probably not tea to be honest) and the thermos material to expand rapidly outwards into what you see when you look up at night (if it's not cloudy). Then the theory parts slightly. Some believe in some higher deity (probably an Alladin flask) which came to earth out of all the other rocks in the sky and chose to create a man and a woman from his rib (I prefer Chinese sticky ribs), other believe in science and logic and evolution theory. Both ideas have flaws an unexplained truths, but the bit about the thermos is undeniable by anyone with even the slightest ele,ent of rational thinking.

Richard

Message was edited by: R Llewellyn Electrical Service due to typing error

6. It's quite a tricky concept right enuff. Best to blame it on a ghost.

7. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

well,? I bet you couldn't see them move

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Now then, we all know the big bang theory, (which explains quite tidily, why the universe is expanding) I'd like to propose the theory that the universe won't expand forever, but will at some point reach a limit, where it will start to collapse in on itself. This collapse will eventually destroy everything we know (including us) and it will collapse until a point is reached, where the big bang, will start all over again. Furthermore, I propose that in 500,000,000,000 billion years time.(after the universe is reborn) People, again, will have invented the "Internet" and will be posting something along the same lines.;)

9. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

Almost right JJ, it's actually expanding in the shape of a giant 5 dimensional doughnut, so eventually despite moving ever outwards it will collide with itself, and all that will be left is a few grains of greasy sugar.

10. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

And as a consequence for approximately 2 hours of every day you are not seeing anything

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

And then the Devil came along. Cast out from heaven he thought, "What can I do to upset God?"

He then messed about with the SF forum.......  and we now reap the rewards of the Devil's work.