Binyard drainage into sewer.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Dervous, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Dervous

Dervous New Member

Hi.

I plan to put a concrete floor down in my binyard and I want to drain rainwater into the sewer.

The binyard used to be the toilet block (probably till the early 70’s) and I’ve removed a lot of the shallow sewer pipes that were there. There’s just one clay pipe leading out of the binyard towards the main sewer which I capped off for the time being, but I’d like to use it to drain rainwater coming from a drainage channel.

There was a storm drain there already but in an inconvenient spot as the area was on different levels and I want it all level with the bottom of the door. I sent load of water down there and it didn’t come back so I’ll assume it still leads to the sewer.

I know I need to slope the concrete towards the drainage channel and I need an airlock going to the sewer.

Has anyone got any constructive ideas as to how I could go about this?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Alan22

Alan22 Screwfix Select

Just to clarify, you want to direct rain water into your sewerage system?

3. qwas123

qwas123 Screwfix Select

As above.
    Why not post a couple of pics?

4. BuildingMad

BuildingMad Screwfix Select

Are you sewers combined surface & foul.

5. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

You are not supposed to put land drainage into a combined sewer. Even additional roof drainage should be going to a soakaway