Bitumen paint not drying?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Flexxor, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Flexxor

Flexxor New Member

Hi, hope someone can give me some advice. Had some guys round to damp proof, board up, and plaster the cellar.

They’ve poured some bitumen type paint down quite thick on Thursday 25th and it’s now 29th.

It’s still wet with pools of bitumen not drying. The floor was quite uneven so there are little pockets. The thing is, I have someone coming to service the boiler on Weds 31st (located in cellar) and I have floor guys coming here Monday 5th to lay wood floors and I need to put stuff from the rooms into the cellar to desperately make space.

Any tips on how long this takes or how to speed up the drying times? Or if you just have to wait, any tips for what I can lay down so the gas engineer doesn’t have to peel bitumen off his shoes??

If helpful, we will be wanting to lay screed down there asap, just not sure if I can do that yet or if it’ll be dry before Monday

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Lack of air flow to aid drying.

Ben48 likes this.