Black + Decker critics

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Dewalt Devotee, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Cornish Crofter

Cornish Crofter Active Member

Funny that, the new carp that's produced is designed to last 12 months and 1 day, yet it normally only lasts 8 hours!

2. multijack

multijack Member

"variable speed trigger"
    very true stu....but I'm trigger happy...B-)

3. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

ha yes new stuff does has a certain poor build quality! and who isnt trigger happy

4. GarethL

GarethL New Member

Black & Decker bought DeWalt in 1960. In 1992, Black & Decker started a to rebrand its professional quality and high-end power tools as DeWalt.

5. Major Phucup

Major Phucup New Member

Black & Decker = C H E A P T A T

DeWalt = slightly better C H E A P T A T

Makita & Bosch Blue = Decent Trade Quality Gear

If you want the best then it's Hilti all day long.

:)

6. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

major, bewalt is not cheap tat, my dewalt bat drills outperform the ryobi, makita and bosch bat drill we have at work. if you want a bat drill go 4 dewalt, circular saws makita, jigsaws bosch, sds drills hilti, sanders dewalt, reciprocating saw makita. and yes hilti is the best but look at the price!

7. Cornish Crofter

Cornish Crofter Active Member

I would not have bought the 36v set had it not been literally half price!

8. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

"strange how we all have a old b and d in the shed, but did you know they were only designed to last 8 hours of use"

My old GD25 was bought second hand in 1967, I've had to renew the cable but it's still going strong, although it only ever gets used at home now. It's also got more torque than anything else in it's class.

9. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

funny my old B n D has outlasted a dewalt a makita and a bosch drill that ive had, only the hilti and the B n D are still standing

10. multijack

multijack Member

It seems we have another case of engineering compatability....
    Its the same with cars and bikes and planes and any other item which has many moving parts....
    In any given tool there will be "tolerances" in the manufacture of each component...put together the parts and inevitably some tools/cars/planes etc will randomly have tighter tolerances and better or worse matched parts than the next one on the production line so you get gooduns and baduns of the same model...QED. :)

11. cosworth

cosworth New Member

dewalt CHEAPTAT. wow im offended. im dewalts biggest fan.

just gona put all my tools on ebay now out of fear of them all breaking even though they have worked perfectly for years.

blah blah blah.

12. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Dewalt used to be top notch a few years back.
    The name got bought out and put on inferior tools, although cheap tat is probably a bit too extreme a description.

13. ecm

ecm New Member

I bought a dewalt 18v combi driver a couple of years back, disappointed with it really, wish I had got makita like the rest of my stuff.

14. diddlyskid

diddlyskid New Member

bought a b&d 14.4 combi drill ,other one had broke so needed one quick .mate bought a makita combi at same time we both agreed ,that not a lot of differance in performance.if any the b&d was easier to handle.even for wackin up plasterboard .so no complaints /

15. ­

­ New Member

Hi all,
    Wonder if anyone else has experienced this: I have a Black n Decker 18v combi drill which i have only had for two and a half months.It has 1.7ah Ni Cd batteries.
    It states a one hour charge,but it is taking closer to 2 hours to fully charge the batteries:1.75 hours to be exact.
    Each battery has been charged approx 15 times each so far.
    Is the "1 Hour" charge claim just a rough guide,or what?
    Any comments on this would be helpful,
    Many thanks,
    Black n Decker.

nuff said methinks :^O:^O:^O:^O

16. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

I have a b+d "proline" 9.6V from donkeys years ago.
    One of those where the batt slides completely into the handle.
    What a great bit of kit in it's day.
    I still have the drill but the charger went awol long ago.
    It is a pale green colour not the bright green, black or orange.
    I bet it would still work if i could get a charge into it!!!!

17. bedworthbrickie

bedworthbrickie New Member

black and decker...... if i caught a tradesmen using one of them on my sites id kick him off! hilti all the way! make of tools a tradesman uses says everything you need to know

18. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Snob!!!!!!
    ;)
    I couldn't give a monkeys what the "tradesman" uses as long as the job is right!!!!!!!!!1
    I still use a "yankee" from time to time!!!!!

19. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Why do you think Black and Decker also make Dewalt?

( they are the same company!)

'cos Dewalt are decent quality trade standard power tools!..and B&D is for dafty DIY'ers and housewives.

20. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member