Blackfriars Classidur Paint - is it good stuff?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by andy2004, Feb 12, 2004.

1. andy2004

andy2004 New Member

I have to paint the ceiling in a house I have just bought after a smoker has been living there for 10 years.

My local decorators merchant recomended Classidur paint by blackfriars to cover the nicotine ceilings. Its costs about £40 a tin, has anybody got any experience of using this before I go and splash out on a few tins as all the rooms will have to be done!

i.e. is it the easiest thing to use for the job!

Thanks

2. eyetry

eyetry New Member

Andy - I have no idea but have been recommended in a previous post to us a pliolite based masonry paint. you can do the job then in one coat instead of 2. It is used for insurance jobs to cover water marks and for pub refurbs to cover nicotine stains.
    It's fantastic stuff, you can get it from a dulux dec center or from dixons, it's made by gliddens and costs about £20 for 5 litres.

3. andy2004

andy2004 New Member

Thanks , will give it a go. Any preperation tips or just the usual once over with sugar soap and a mop?

4. eyetry

eyetry New Member

Just the usual I would think. Make sure the surface is clean and free of flaky bits. The tin will give you more advice. Good Luck.

5. anti-eu

anti-eu New Member

blackfriars is agood product so is pliolite but be careful with the latter as it gives of strong fumes in confined eras

6. jimbo

jimbo Guest

Zinsser is even better. www.zinsser.com