Block paving questions

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Woodward, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Woodward

Woodward New Member

We - when I refer to we it's me and three neighbours that share the entrance to our drive - got our full drive block paved a couple of months ago I noticed and originally challenge the guys doing the work that some of the grey blocks were slightly darker than the rest. See picture. They assured me that the slightly darker ones arrived wet and would eventually dry out.

[​IMG]

A couple of months later and they look the same and haven't "dried out" as they said. So I presume they were either a bad batch or the wrong ones were delivered.

I'm not massively happy about it because 90% of the dark blocks are on the part of the drive we own which makes it looks like we got it done at a different time. When really we all came together to get it done at the same time so it didn't look like a mishmash.

Is it unreasonable for me to contact them? Is it easy to take up a section of block paving and relay?

2. chesterw

chesterw Well-Known Member

Block paving colour is usually very consistent, not like that, so I think your presumption is correct. Can you access the delivery notes, or get manufacturers catalogue to compare different colours.

3. Woodward

Woodward New Member

I didn’t see any delivery notes. It’s pretty complicated due to being partly shared. The guy with the van sort of managed it all but I have contact details and have spoken to the guy that completed the work.

All I know is he used Lords as the builder merchant

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Do you know what block they are....Marshalls?

5. Woodward

Woodward New Member

All I know is they were 60mm blocks instead of the standard 50mm