Blocked Radiators

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by RK78, Oct 19, 2017.

1. RK78

RK78 New Member

Dependent on circumstances (boiler age, income etc and funded by the government.

Spoke to the complaints department this morning. They stated that they would never carry out a powerflush as it could blow the system. It apparently had a cleaning agent inhibitor put through it and are not responsible for the radiators. Only for the replacement of the boiler.

Going to get someone out to come and sort my radiators and check that it has been installed correctly as I'm not happy how this whole situation has been dealt with.

Thanks for all the help Richard

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

That the advantage of using a Magnacleanse instead of powerflushing, Magnacleanse works while the boiler is being used,no damage to system, unlike powerflushing,it works at a higher pressure, so it will find any leaks, weaknesses, especially if your radiators are rusty.
    Also power flushing uses a lot of water during use, whereas Magnacleanse just recycle water in system, with filters removing the crud.

3. I rank the Magnacleanse as a 'power-flushing' system, even tho' the power if from the boiler's own pump.

4. 'Blow the system'?! That is ridiculous.

Can you imagine employing your own plumber for a boiler change and him saying "Sorry, mate, don't do power-flushes - might wreck yer system..."

And as KIAB points out, the Magnacleasnse does not impost any more strain on a system than it being 'on' and running.

There is one valid point tho' - removing sludge from a radiator could expose a corroded wall inside which has thinned to virtually zero and is only being 'held together' by the sludge! In which case a P-F could expose this and make the rads leak.

But, if the rads are that bad, they are going to leak at some point soon anyway.

I don't know if you were issued with any sort of warranty, but I suspect it'll be the bare minimum since a P-F hasn't been done.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Yes,it's a flushing system, but not same as a power flushing system.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. Semantics schemantics... :p

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Poweflushing can cause damage, as it's high velocity water,something like 150 ltr a minute going through system, seen it where corroded copper pipes under screed actually bust due to their poor condition, wouldn't have happen with a Magnacleanse, as your only using boiler's pump.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  8. For future info, when I say 'Powerflushing', I mean Magnacleanse... :p

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

ok:rolleyes:

10. Good - glad that's clear.

In future, try and work out what I mean even if I say it wrong... :oops:

KIAB likes this.
  11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

12. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

When what you actually mean is a deep clean.

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got to make allowances for him, it's his age, they get confused...:rolleyes:

14. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

To put it politely, POPPYCOCK.

And what is a "cleaning agent inhibitor"? Something that inhibits the cleaning agent maybe?

As suggested, get a Magnacleanse installed ... and with some effort you can get the system cleaned yourself.

Dr Bodgit and KIAB like this.
  15. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

True, but I used a LOT of water to properly flush my system out after using the X800