Blue Lever on Worcester Green Star Boiler 29CDI

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by GeorgiaBaker__, Dec 14, 2022.

1. GeorgiaBaker__

GeorgiaBaker__ New Member

Hi,

Today we had our bathroom radiator bled.
    We soon realised after the heating was not coming on and when checking the boiler noticed the pressure was at 0.

After research I have realised we have a keyless boiler, and the blue lever needs to be pulled down to repressurise the system to 1-1.5.

My grandad and I have both tried to pull this lever down but it does not seem to want to go - it feels as if the plastic will break/snap but when looking at videos it seems it usually is an easy motion and little force is required.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any suggestions on how to get the lever down?

Appreciate the help in getting our heating back on in this cold weather!!

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Should move fairly easily. Show us a pic of below the boiler to include the blue valve.

3. GeorgiaBaker__

GeorgiaBaker__ New Member

Sorry was having some trouble uploading a pic!
    We have pulled the white panel off underneath and this is how it looks. Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Thanks . Nothing untoward looking there. If it doesn't pull down it may be seized. Try pressing upward/ downward/ upward/ downward ...like a rocking motion .
    Failing that ,back filling a radiator from a garden tap would get you going/ heating working.

5. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Or should pull down fairly easily.
    You could try wrapping a hot towel or cloth around it for a couple minutes.
    It might just be seized as it’s so cold.