boiler condense pipe is a grey WM style drain hose

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by SpaceTofu, Mar 18, 2020.

1. SpaceTofu

SpaceTofu Member

Hi all,

as part of our kitchen renovation we moved our boiler which was in its own dedicated room next to the WM.
    The boiler (a Vokera) has the condense coming off from a "washing machine drain hose " style kind of pipe.
    Back where it was, it was all fine and dandy as then said hose was connecting to a hose connector (48625 SF article nr for reference) into the washing machine drain stack.

Now the boiler is installed in a corner, probably 2 or 3 metres away from sink/WM/DW.
    When the boilerman came round to fit it a month or two ago, he left behind a 21.5mm overflow waste pipe as he said that is the pipe to be used for condense - which I don't disagree with.

However, now we are in the process of finally plumbing sink/WM/DW and I realised that said 21.5mm overflow waste pipe needs to be pushed well strongly into the end of the boiler "WM drain hose" and the dark grey rubber collar of said hose visibly expand.

My questions are the following:
    1. Is that connection of WM-style drain hose to 21.5mm overflow waste pipe intended or am I doing something wrong?
    2. Can I not use a grey WM-style drain hose to have the boiler condense reach the waste system by the sink/WM (2/3 metres away?)
    the 3rd and most interesting question: actually, literally behind the boiler wall there is our outside garden with a toilet waste pipe running down, can I drill through the wall and connect the condense to that via a boss? I think I was reading the condense pipe needs to be overspecced when outside so it doesn't freeze, is that so?

I am really in a pickle as I don't want to bore extra holes through the external wall but at the same time routing it internally will probably mean channelling some section of the condense pipe so that it can go behind the fridge - otherwise said fridge will stick out.