Boiler issues

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Asmoosy, Feb 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Asmoosy

Asmoosy New Member

It’s now happening twice a day. my boiler is completely loosing pressure and being refilled daily.
    Had someone out twice, doesn’t matter what he does it’s still the same.
    It was installed in 2017 and now when i phoned Valiant they said the installer didn’t register the extended warranty? where do I stand? No where I guess?
    iv now got an expensive repair on my hands and not sure what to do anymore..

2. LearnMore

LearnMore Well-Known Member

Ok, what has he done? Any parts changed? Does it do it regardless or after heating use?

3. Ironmike

Ironmike Member

Any evidence of water escape anywhere? If system losing pressure daily to that extent then a pipe may well have loosened / leaking somewhere.

4. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

Expansion vessel diaphragm ruptured.

HarryL1234, MGW and Bob Rathbone like this.
  5. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

That was also my thought. But
    Why would he not test the expansion vessel.

6. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

Who knows? Get what you pay for?

7. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

May be because I am an electrical engineer not a heating and ventilation engineer I look at things different? But to my mind as a tradesman one is paid to fix things, not to walk away and shake ones head.

But I worked in a place where we heated candle wax and I was sure the expansion vessel was either faulty or not big enough, but I could not get the fitters to see what I was trying to tell them. Every time the plant was closed down, on restart it would need bleeding, but I was simply banging my head against a brick wall trying to explain to them why.