Bosch 10.8v impact driver

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by biasqinc, Mar 11, 2010.

1. biasqinc

biasqinc Member

Anyone had experience of the Bosch 10.8v impact driver. I already had the normal driver and it is an excellent tool with loads of power so I bought the impact driver and it is a bag of sh*te. I've read reviews and many people rate them but a few say the same as me. It appears that the odd ones come out with no power. Any comments?

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

i do think the ratchet kick in a bit early so on all but the smallest screws the rachet a lot

pick a size off screw between no8 and no12 and up to 4" [or metric equivilent]screw it into pine
    leave your results and i will try and replicate and see how mines performes in comparason
    also try it with the driver and i will also replicate is yours a single or double speed driver!!!

big all

3. mick761

mick761 New Member

Agree with op....not impressed. The normal driver seems to drive the screws in quicker and further. All the impact does is make more of a noise..!!

having said that i've only tried it for one day (then slung it in back of van). I'll try what BA says and see what it's like

4. biasqinc

biasqinc Member

I have a Dewalt 12v impact which develops 115 Nm of torque and it is a truly amazing tool. The Bosch 10.8 supposedly delivers 100 Nm and there is no comparison. My Dewalt 12v driver even pis**s all over it on a dead battery.

5. wuddy

wuddy Member

6. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter New Member

Got all the Bosch 10.8 stuff, the impact driver is the weak link in the range, all noise and little action.
    Got the Makita 10.8 drill driver and impact driver too, much better. The two speed on the drill driver makes all the difference.

7. big all

big all Screwfix Select

ok have done a test with an 8x3"screw
    bosch 10.8 impact just
    bosch 10.8 single speed just
    bosch 10.8 2 speed little bit left
    bosch 10.8 angle driver no chance 2"about max
    bosch 14,4 impact easy peasy then 12x4" no probs and quick
    so the additional 3.6v or 33% more power is greater performance say 50%
    will copy this post to the other one

big all