Bosch 2-28 DV SDS+ Hammer Drill. Help finding information

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by QfanatiQ, Jul 30, 2013.

1. QfanatiQ

QfanatiQ Member

<strong style="color: #222222; font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;">Bosch 2-28 DV SDS+ Hammer Drill. Help finding information

[/b]
    Ok, I have one of these.

I want to make sure I am fitting the SDS+ bit correctly.

The manual is all well and good, but pictures only. I have been on youtube and just found videos showing it off but not changing and how to change bits!

When I fit a drillbit, I get it to a point where you cannot PULL it out BUT it moves about 10mm back and fourth. Is this down to the hammer action?

I was using rotary only and still had this movement. Worried I am not fitting things correctly but heard on an online video about the dril bit lock feature.

I would really appreciate a video link if possible, perhaps to a similar Bosch SDS+ drill

Cheers.....Q

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yes, that slip is the magic of the hammer ability(normal percussion drill chuck would have 2 nor 3mm slip). SDS have the drill-bit slip, not the chuck shaft.  Push the bit in, pull the chuck cover back while pushing further. Done. If you can't pull it out, it's in properly. To remove, pull the chuck cover back, and pull the drill-bit out. Done.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. QfanatiQ

QfanatiQ Member

Mr. Handyandy, many thanks.

When seeing an onliner video review of these drills, I heard talk of a drill bit lock into place when using rotary only (as I was at the time), do you knwo of this? This is what was also worrying.

Thanks.

Q

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

on those multi mode drills these usually a rotary control on the side of these drill that locks the hammer action either on or off - so if you don't need to chisel, or use the hammer action for drilling ..........

5. QfanatiQ

QfanatiQ Member

I was in rotary only mode. Bit still moved up and down.

I am being told this is normal.

I think I will still go into a store and get a hands on demo on a simialre Bosch Model.

Q