bosch 24v cordless drill

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by bigbadleo, Mar 10, 2005.

1. bigbadleo

bigbadleo Member

2. panlid

panlid New Member

ive got the same problem leo. i have other 24v stuff so i am tempted to get compatable one but the other has a 3a battery for extra fast charging. i also want chisel stop which they dont have though i am led to believe there is an adaptor to go on the end. let us know which one you get.

3. dewaltdisney

dewaltdisney New Member

Hi Leo,

I see what you mean, hard to choose. It depends on how much use you want to put it to because if I understand it correctly the main difference is battery power. One drill has two lower power batteries and the other has one single more powerful battery that takes 27 minutes to recharge. Battery power is usually an issue with all cordless stuff as the power drops just when you need it so would it be safer to go with the more expensive, two battery option?

Only you know your use requirement and if this battery issue is important.

Not much help this, sorry,

DWD

4. Bonzo

Bonzo New Member

I would go for the cheaper drill as it has 3.0 Ah batteries although it is a bit heavier. The batteries should last longer on one charge.

5. panlid

panlid New Member

i had sky+ fitted recently and the c* who fitted it had a 3.0h one. as he was drilling another hole through the wall it ran out. i asked what it was like and he said it wqas sound and he hadnt charged it for nearly 2 days and he ahad done about 12 jobs with it. he put it on charge and while i flicked the kettle on it was charging. he did it for about 3 minutes and it was well enough for him to finish hole. he then left it on charge while he did wiring and he said he wouldnt have to charge it for another day now. i was impressed with it. though i wasnt impressed with his wiring skills round my doorframe etc but thats another story.

6. dewaltdisney

dewaltdisney New Member

Hi Sid,

I was thinking if upgrading to Sky plus. basically I am fed up with my original box which has phases of dropping out and we have to pull the card out and reset it or even turn it off and reboot it. F*** nuisance. What are your initial findings, is it easy to record? I do not have much patience learning new gadgets but Mrs D is hopeless with the remotes.

For example:

DWD: Put it on ITV Corries starting

Mrs D: Presses program listings button

DWD: Type in 103, you do not need to go to index

Mrs D: I do it this way

DWD: But it wrong, type in 103, dooooh. Look how many keys you have had to hit.

Mrs D: ** off you know all ** here you have the remote (spitefully throws it at me) 301, 301 she taunts.

DWD: Rubs head.

See what I mean

DWD

7. panlid

panlid New Member

dwd i dont want to appear as sad(as you lot know im ultra cool) but i think if you have sky your mad to not have sky+. they seam to put all the good stuff on at once and as we dont have a video player anymore(kids trashed it with fimbles dvd)we could never record. all you do to record is highlight programme you want and press record button. doesnt matter if it is not on for ages as it will still record. also series link is great as if you forget you lastest episode of the sopranoes it still records. and when you watch it back you can fast forward through adverts. f***g great and no problems yet. you dont watch more telly really you just watch everything you want to and not end up sitting through ****. when youve watched it you can delete it if you want but ive just bought a dvd recorder so i can put it on disk forever and not clogg up my hard drive on sky+. well recommend. and you wont have to be wacked over the head as mrs dwd can watch here soaps why you are out:D

8. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I've got the vre, I got it over 5 years ago and it still works very well, Charges quickly lots of juice when charged.

Since I bought the 24v combi I tend to just use that instead now.

9. bigbadleo

bigbadleo Member

have been looking at these drills for a while now.. while screwfix is a bit behind in doing offers. toolstation is offering GBH 24V with 2X 2.6ah batteries while its london if offering GBH 24v with 3X 2.0ah batteries £352.44 Inc VAT and also GBH24VRF 1.7ah and 3.0ah with 15 min charger £344.22 Inc VAT... also axminster is doing one out of stock thought. also the gbh24vrf also has chuck adaptor god this is hard !!!!!!!!
    help

10. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

If I'm honest and I was buying from scratch again I would go for the 24v (red batt!)

This battery will fit into any of the 24v range: combi drill, recip saw, circ saw, jigsaw, light.

The 24vre wont fit into any other power tool.

Hope this helps your decision

11. bigbadleo

bigbadleo Member

know what u mean the interchangable batteries. its has 3 batteries toolstation has 2 but upgraded to 2.6ah which would you then pick???? more power or more batteries????

12. panlid

panlid New Member

i think two batteries is enough easily. even the two at 2.6 you will never run out of power. as i have loads of bosch stuff and have 3 24v batteries allready i am worried about having too many batteries and some not getting enough use. if i buy what your getting with 2 batteries i will have to number them and just use a couple each week and swap them round. bstyle do you think that they will last ok if i do this?

13. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

14. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Sid, you'll probably get more than 10 years out of them and in 10 years we will probably have 100v drills!

(only a joke sparks) :)

15. panlid

panlid New Member

only 2.0a batts but top price. also has attachment with it for chisseling which is what i really wanted it for. i dont think ill bother with ebay and get that

16. sparkedout2

sparkedout2 New Member

Id go for the newer one (red batt more expensive) as ive got other tools that use same batt .Used to have one of the other ones its also the nuts thats why it got nicked.Currently using a similiar de walt also good .If you get the newer style their is forward compatability over the years you can get more tools that use the same batt.As mentioned above shop around for better prices.If you just want a cheap 24v sds drill there are cheaper ones about you might burn it out in a year or so ?.

17. markysparky

markysparky New Member

One of the builders I do work for has got one of those and I have to say it is a good enough drill!, but it performs like a kids toy compared to the one I have This thing can hit hard, believe me. Can't get enough of these tools. Won't buy any other make with battery power!

18. panlid

panlid New Member

now were all confused. and a good price too......

19. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Does look like a nice bit of kit that.

20. panlid

panlid New Member

bstyle thought you were off to bed... im going now and i'll have my hand on my wi**y thinking of that panasonic....nite