Bosch Blue = Poo!

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by chazhs, Mar 15, 2008.

1. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Must say Un - I use Bosch Blue and its really good value for money. 3 year guarantee and stuff,,:)

A lot of rubbish is bleated out on what tools are best and what are rubbish - you get what you pay for at the end of the day - but I do think that buying outside of Bosch Blue is just throwing money down t'drain..because Bosch Blue are  the biz..:)

Milwaukee and stuff in that bracket - flipping load of ol, its just overbloated pricing and stuff, best buy a Black and Decker in that case..and save sovs

2. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Ive got an AEG 18v JP & its very good, I use it more often than a 230v which I used to use for the same job (I think its from the same stable as Milwaukee),   After I got mine SFix had them on offer for £150, I paid £200.   Had the charger & or the 2 3ah batteries go on me so they sent me 2 batteries & a charger under guarantee so I cant fault it.

3. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Sounds good Wal - at the end of the day if the manufacturer honours the guarantee then that speaks oodles for the brand. I've not personally used AEG equipment but they do look meaty and built for tough work..its a next step up from Bosch Blue at the end of the day I suppose.

4. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Well JP i will let you into a little secret.  Many moons ago there used to be companys for the trade selling screws & the like at very good prices & if you bought a good quantity they would throw in a power tool.  I had quite a few & one of them was a 4 inch circular saw (a plunging saw) not sure if anyone makes them now.  I got it early 80s, its in use most days & apart from changing blades it still works perfectly & that is an AEG & I push it hard.

5. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Not seen one of those 4 in saws for years Wal. I remember (some what 25 or more years back on site) - an electrician using one of those small circular saws for cutting across floorboards..very handy saw but have never seen one since.

I've got one of those Ferm cut off saws..I bought it form Screwfix absolutely yonks ago and it is very handy for smallish wood cutting and indeed plastic stuff - it wont do a 4 x 2in though in one go, but it is very handy for noggining for instance.

6. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

How often do you see Hilti...........?  Bosch wins everytime handsdown, better bar none...