Bosch Extractor Issue

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Phoebe, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Phoebe

Phoebe New Member

I wonder if anyone has come across this before and can advise me please? I had a Wren kitchen fitted and the fitter didn't fit the extractor flue so I haven't been able to use my extractor. Now I can see why!! It seems nigh on impossible to find the right parts?

The Bosch extractor is

E-Nr: DHL535BGB/03 FD: 9704
    Z-Nr: 00197
    Type: HBD-BX51-8

I have attached a photograph of the part that appears in the extractor cupboard. And there is a gap of about 30cm that needs to be joined to meet the 120mm plastic flue that goes across the tops of the cupboards and through the outside wall. (I have a flexible hose ready to fit.) The 120mm flue needs a male to female connecting part.

My question is, as the white part in the photo has some notches in it, does this need a special connector? (Sorry, I am not sure about the correct terminology!). Currently, there is nothing to connect the 120mm flexible hose to. And what about those notches? Does that indicate that there is a specific part that clicks in place? So confused.

If anyone can provide me with some information as to how to resolve this, I would be very pleased!

Phoebe.

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

3. Phoebe

Phoebe New Member

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Active Member

To be Honest Phoebe, Bosch are a law unto themselves and ALL of there installation instructions on ALL of there appliances are as clear as mud and usually end up as what we call "A winger" (straight in the bin):D
    Most Bosch extractors have that fitting and they never supply anything to connect to it and there is nothing you can order to connect to it either. We just use a flexi hose of the nearest size and Duct tape, always works but luckily it's not normally ever seen because it looks horrid.

5. nigel willson

nigel willson Well-Known Member

I used use stepped rubber drain connectors!

6. Jackoftrades

Jackoftrades Well-Known Member