BOSCH GST 135BCE JIGSAW

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by peterob, Sep 16, 2007.

1. peterob

peterob New Member

NOT LONG HAD ONE NICE BIT OF KIT ONLY PROBLEM IS WHEN CUTTING THICKER MATERIAL IM FINDING THE PRECISION CONTROL BUTTON VIBRATES OUT SO THE JAWS ARENT CLAMPING ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS

2. foxy

foxy New Member

Never had it with mine. Phone Bosch and explain the problem, their aftersales service is A1.

3. ozbob

ozbob New Member

i personally wouldnt use the prec control on thick wood,no need,its for scribe work realy,which would be 4mm/6mm sheets or skirt etc etc

4. diva

diva New Member

I've got this jigsaw. Try turning the variable speed down. This is the dial on the back numbered 1 to 6 each of these represent rpm 1000rpm to 6000rpm try using it at 3000rpm & see how you go. I agree this is an excellant tool.

Diva DIY

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

Nice piece of kit, but I've got a courier picking mine up tomorrow under warranty because it won't cut against a guide edge. Either wanders off or binds. When cutting free-hand, have to guide at a skew to get a proper cut. As I said to the guy at Bosch, with 30 odd years experience, It's not my technique thats wrong!

By the way - first chap I spoke to at Bosch was very pleasant and helpful until I lost my phone signal. Phoned back - different bloke - COR BLIMEY talk about someone who is *** off and in the wrong job! Suicidal if you ask me!

[Edited by: admin5]

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

By the by the way, before anyone says it's my blades - I ONLY use Bosch blades from SF.

7. HudsonCarpentry

HudsonCarpentry New Member

By the by the way, before anyone says it's my blades
    - I ONLY use Bosch blades from SF.

Must be the way you clamp the guide then... A MM ;P

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

Like, there's more than one way to clamp a straight-edge to a board with an F clamp at each end?

9. big all

big all Screwfix Select

Nice piece of kit, but I've got a courier picking
    mine up tomorrow under warranty because it won't cut
    against a guide edge. Either wanders off or binds.
    When cutting free-hand, have to guide at a skew to
    get a proper cut. As I said to the guy at Bosch, with
    30 odd years experience, It's not my technique thats
    wrong!

sounds like its crabbing

the blade is not running parralel to the base plate
    this can be caused by the blade clamp out or loose allowing the blade to go off line

or the base plate not parralel to the machine body

big all

10. bonnie the botch

bonnie the botch New Member

hi ive omly just bought on of these jiggy's and cant make my mind up about it. it seems to strugle with laminate down blades, the work rate comes right down compared with my old makite machine. but over all genrally a good bit of kit although does seem to run quite warm