Bosch SDS hammer drills

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Ian Lunn, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Ian Lunn

Ian Lunn New Member

Having used the SDS hammer Drill (Bosch GBH 2-26 DRE) I found it did the job in hand with ease so intend purchasing one but there seems to be very little stock around unless the price is way over top, I have seen the Bosch GBH 2-26 in few places but I cannot find what the difference is between "GBH 2-26 DRE" and the "GBH 2-26" in other words what does the "DRE" section mean?

2. Cal_0

Cal_0 New Member

You might find the non DRE doesn’t have a chisel function - but in terms of power, rpm etc it’s likely to be the same.

I just got a Bosch 2-20D and found the research process infuriating with all the different models and letters. There doesn’t seem to be any comparison charts around either which would have been useful.

Anyway , i found this page which might be useful

https://www.luckinslive.com/data/bd...2634/822cc3c6-d96b-43e0-89d0-2e649471157c.PDF

3. Ian Lunn

Ian Lunn New Member

Thanks Cal_0
    I agree a comparison chart would be so useful but the link give me info i could not find, from that i think i would find the Chisel usefull next summer as there is some proposed jobs with tiles to remove and some walls in garden to move so passably re use bricks. Thanks for your reply.

4. Tilt

Tilt Member

Got the DRE myself @Ian Lunn Had it a good number of years now.

I cannot see any real difference between the ones marked DRE and the ones that are not.

It may well be that the DRE came with a set of chisels in the carry case (point / small and medium flat blade)..... I think that is the difference, and not sure if you get a case or a bag with the non DRE.

The non DRE does have chisel function / rotation stop.

5. Ian Lunn

Ian Lunn New Member

Yep just ordered one but its not arrived yet. Hoping the chisel will make removing tiles on floor and walls in bathroom a bit easer.

6. Tilt

Tilt Member

@Ian Lunn
    You found a DRE then???
    If not you'll be able to buy the chisels you want anyway.
    The ones that came with mine have been very well used...

7. Ian Lunn

Ian Lunn New Member

No its not "DRE" but has function to chisel so just need to order some drill And chisels bits now.

Tilt likes this.
  8. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

If you've got a lot of tiles to get off, invest in a proper tile removing chisel: they are cranked so you keep the blade flat to the substrate without dragging your knuckles over the surface. Less remedials work, less pain.

9. Ian Lunn

Ian Lunn New Member

Thanks stevie22 for the Tip, there is 2 floors, all bathroom walls and splashback in kitchen so worth getting correct tools.