Botched soil pipe up!

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by david andrw, Dec 14, 2018.

1. david andrw

david andrw Member

Ive drilled through an internal soil pipe and ar first i thought it had just cracked the plastic. After cutting the wall out i now see its cracked the clay pipe. Solutions please! I dont really want to be digging the floor up.

Attached Files:

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Where's it cracked??

3. david andrw

david andrw Member

On the clay. There is only less than 2" to play with.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  5. david andrw

david andrw Member

Can i check, how does that attach on? Thanks

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The DC1 will push fits into the clay pipe.

7. david andrw

david andrw Member

So it goes inside the clay pipe?

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Yes

9. david andrw

david andrw Member

Can this be installed insitu as i cant remove the plastic soil pipe coming down from upstairs.

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Is it leaking, or have you just seen the cracks.??

11. david andrw

david andrw Member

Its pouring a steady stream out

12. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I fear you're going to have to gain enough access to the pipe to be able to work on it.

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You need to gain full access to the stack I'm afraid:(, the crack could be going downwards so need to assess this.

Cut the plastic soil pipe <1m in length and remove the sleeve. Check condition of the clay fitting to see if you need to replace this full joint.

To repair you will need a straight connector (slip joint) as you wont have any movement in the stack.

14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You could use a Flexseal coupler to join plastic pipe,instead of a slip coupler,(you can slide it up pipe while working.) you'll also need a short piece of plastc pipe to make up the difference.
    Would think you have a bit of wiggle room to move pipe sideward to get DC1 coupler in place.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p25396?r=googleshopping

16. david andrw

david andrw Member

Il have to take it apart at the weekend. If it is cracked going in to the ground then what are my options apart from digging the floor up?

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You might be lucky & find the broken piece is large,& they can be glued into place with silicon, as I have done in the past,then a DC1 connector will hold everything in place.