Bouter Oil boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by techie, May 18, 2008.

1. techie

techie Screwfix Select

Guys
    I think the time is right for me to replace our old Boulter floor standing oil boiler. I'm having to get it fixed all the time and I can do without that.
    Any opinions on what would be the make and or model to have it replaced with please,as I don't want to have any tat installed, before I invite the local guys in to quote for the work(It's a Camry Five by the way,the book states that it's 27.8Kwatts.)
    Thanks in advance!

2. techie

techie Screwfix Select

Yes I know i asked a similar question very recently, but would still appreciate additional input as I'm not sure weather to store hot water or not, install heat pump, solar panels , etc .etc

3. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

Worcester make good oil fried boilers IMHO.

I am not an expert but fitted my own Worcester Heatslave in 1996 and never had any problems with it.

Mine was the Room sealed one and was as quiet as any gas boiler I have ever heard and well engineered as well.

4. Drax

Drax New Member

Camray 5 was introduced in '98 and only deleted end of '07. All parts still available and unless heat exchanger leaks, there's nothing that can't be fixed economically by those who know what to do. Given the current direction of oil prices you may have to consider an alternative soon anyway so replacement would be a waste of money.

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I must agree with 'Drax', look at other things; A solar panel, a heat pump etc etc....

A solar panel can be quite cheap to install & save you a shed load of money in the summer. So get a good boiler guy to give your existing boiler a going over, after all it's mainly the burner that'll play up, so why not just replace that??

If you find this advice helpfull, please send a tenner to the Manchester Police Dogs Food Appeal.
    or
    The Man United Big Screen Replacement Fund. C/o Manchester City Council.

Follow, Follow we will follow Rangers in the Square anywhere we will follow on!!