Boxed Boiler Flue - Insurance?!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tom McQ, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Tom McQ

Tom McQ New Member

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone could shed any light on my query / lift my spirits.

We have a combi boiler (Worcester Jnr 24i), connected to a (boxed in ceiling void) 9m flue (we're in a block of flats).

The boiler went last year and B-Gas told us the whole lot needed replacing, with the flue it'll be all in £8k.

Shocking.

Anyway, a brilliant Gas Engineer came and realised the issue wasn't anywhere near as big and it's been running well since.

My worry, is that if / when it all goes - we're going to be hit with a bill so big I can't afford it at all.

Does anyone know if any insurance that would cover for such a setup, I can't seem to find an understandable answer anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

2. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

A decent independant plumber will give you a rather better price than British Gas.

Many years, not knowing better, got quotes for a full CH install. BG and 2 independants. Prices were very similar but only after we added the 2 independants together!!

3. kiaora

kiaora Guest

There was a time when I could say to a customer, get a quote from bg and I’ll do it for half their price.

they seem to be a little better now,

regards the boxed in flue, the regs now say the flue must have access panels for inspection

good luck