Bracket Height?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Virtual Voodoo, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Virtual Voodoo

Virtual Voodoo New Member

Hi Guys,

I'll be building a stud wall soon at one end of my Kitchen.

This wall will have base & wall units fitted to it.

I'd like to position a continuous length of horizontal stud for the wall cupboards bracket to screw straight in to.

What is a standard mounting height for Wall units and thus bearing in mind the position of the mounting brackets what center height should I build the horizontal stud to?

Cheers lads! :)

2. paultingtong

paultingtong New Member

i normely put base units in and worktop on then mesure 18 and half inch"( 3 6inch tils ) then 720 0r 725 depending on unit then just do a basick mesure of how low the braket is

so basicly 900mm
    add 720 of your wall unite
    and then 18 and half inch

that probley dont make sense much easyer in theroy lol

also if you have a larder unit etc the gap may vary

3. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Agree with tingtong there mate. If you have a tall larder unit it's this unit that will set the height of your wall units. If not then the height is usually dictated by gas or electric hob (if your having wall units either side of it)

4. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

V Voodoo
    buy a sheet of 18mm ply, rip along the length 250mm wide strips, double up and set them between studs @ 2000 centre, this way you will have approx 100mm play up and down! as the third factor is most manufactures have a different setting for their own brackets and towers differ in height also.
    900mm to top of counter 450mm between counter and underside of unit 720mm wall unit gives you 2070mm
    but hanger usually sits 30-50mm below that mark to allow for adjustment!
    HTH:)

5. Virtual Voodoo

Virtual Voodoo New Member

Cheers Lads, I think?

Sounds like it might be easier just to use those long mounting brackets someone else linked to and just not worry about trying to get noggins in at the right height!

6. Joelp1

Joelp1 New Member

i just use plasterboard fittings, if its a big unit by itself then id either add a bracket underneath, or silicone all round once done. Sorted...