Brand new radiator refuses to heat up

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Pricem, Nov 20, 2020 at 7:49 PM.

1. Pricem

Pricem New Member

Hi all. I new to the websites and hope someone can me, I've changed my old dining room radiator for a brand new one and can I hell get the rad to heat up, Both new valves appear to be working fine, and to the best of my knowledge I have got all the air out and tried to Balance the rad. I even turn all the rads off and left the new one open but still doesnt heat up and the boiler turns off after 5 mins anyway. And the pipes before the valves are stone cold. Anyone got any advice to were I need to go from here thanks

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Try bleed it (good cup full) with one valve off, then turn that side valve on and open other side and bleed a good half cup full. Proving water is coming in from both sides and valves are not stuck shut or blocked...

3. codhead87

codhead87 New Member

See post on this page I've just thanked someone for 8 years ago, worked for me.

Shut off the problem rad both valves, drain and remove rad. Turn heating on. Bowl under inlet valve, open and run until water gets hot, turn off. Bowl under outlet valve, open til gets hot,turn off. Rad back on, fill up half way by inlet valve, half way by outlet valve, leave both valves open when full. Airlock removed.

4. Pricem

Pricem New Member

Thanks for the advice, Just done that and have some success now, The radiator is now warm at the top and cold at the bottom

5. Pricem

Pricem New Member

Had another play with it and to try and balance the radiators but still the same. Back of the radiator is getting quite hot but not the front, the front is just warm and cold on the bottom of the radiator