Breaker! breaker!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by The Trician, Jan 28, 2004.

1. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Have been following a few threads Vs the pro's and con's of using 'B'or'C' type breakers for various domestic applications. Has anyone done any research into the number of fires or fatalities caused by the fitting of an inappropriately rated mcb? If so, what were the findings?

Would be interested to hear everyone's experiences.

2. Damocles

Damocles New Member

Recall a post on here somewhere (from Ban-all-sheds?) that hardly anyone got killed from any kind of domestic fixed wiring fault.

3. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Makes you wonder why part P is being introduced doesn't it. We know their reasons for doing so but......

4. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

Makes you wonder why part P is being introduced doesn't it.

No.

We know their reasons for doing so...

Which are?

5. hillheader

hillheader New Member

Our local sandwich deli burnt down the other night. Apparently there had been a burning smell for several days, but was assumed just to toasties with a suspect filling! Anyway wiring fault behind a wall blamed. RCD protected ring circuit as well, apparently.

6. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Makes you wonder why part P is being introduced
    doesn't it.

No.

We know their reasons for doing so...

Which are?

Would you like my 5 minute diatribe or the full half hour?:):)
    Seriously though, I think this one has been well covered but I am happy to continue to give my personal views for what they are worth!

7. gerrin2owd

gerrin2owd New Member

Continue Trician, I am waiting to read what you have to say.

8. The Trician

The Trician New Member

As has already been stated in previous posts:

There is a percieved (BUT NOT YET) tangible safety advantage.

The introduction of Part P is driven in the main by the electrical contracting industry for principally financial reasons.

The compilation of a national register for electrical contractors will bring a tax windfall to the exchequer and a percieved reduction in the 'Black Economy' No more
    'Cash jobs'.

As B-A-S has already stated, introduction of Part P is not in the interests of those of us who are sole traders.