Brexit. What do you think you will lose?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Mar 21, 2018.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

OK, the same format as the other thread, no abuse, no arguing,no gifs, no links, just state in non inflammatory language what you liked about being in the EU or what you will miss being out of it.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is this an acceptable form of words?

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

A degree of stability and certainty - in the early years at least.

4. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Cheap labourers!

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Connection with Europe. Our hard earned position at the top table globally.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I like being a part of a community of nations.
    I like having the chance of appeal to a higher court if our government passed a law that interfered with our human rights.
    I like having human rights.
    I think that being in a group of nations gives greater negotiating power than being a nation on it's own.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I thought for the money we paid in we got a good deal out of it

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I will miss loads of random conversations with people in Lidl or Aldi. I will also miss my little boy (5) impressing people regularly by being able to say thank you in loads of different languages. Currently Lithuanian, Polish, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Portuguese and Italian.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think we will lose being thought of as a big hitter.

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

As a net contributor, we never get as much out of it as we pay in.
    Also as a group of nations, the negotiating powers don’t always make a better deal for some of the nations.
    As for appealing to a higher court, we’ve seen instances where we cannot deport known criminals, because the higher court deems the either have a right to remain here in the UK ( meaning their own country doesn’t want them back, or the EU don’t want them back on mainland Europe to continue their criminal output) . Or,,, their human rights will be at risk ( never mind the exact same human rights their victims should have enjoyed, which are never mentioned in such cases)

11. joinerjohn1

The EU is going to lose out, just as much as the UK. I think the negotiations have already shown the EU to be scared, but have shown our own government to be even more scared. ( how exactly did you think a pro EU government would conduct these negotiations? )

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're still not getting this jj, look at the original post.
    There is another thread for you to post about the positives of brexit.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

jj, can you please stick to the thread on the benefits of brexit.

14. joinerjohn1

Hold on chip, I posted with what I’ll miss about being in the EU. I’m going to miss paying them money. I’ll miss them allowing foreign criminals to languish here in the UK making full use of our benefits system.
    At least you see these things as positives of Brexit. ;);)

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Come on John. These two twin topics are working well. An opportunity to see what people are thinking. Dont spoil it.

16. joinerjohn1

Back on track,,,, What will I lose ? Absolutely nothing chip,,, absolutely nothing. That’s what I’m thinking chip. ;)
    What I liked about being in the EU ? Since it became the EU,, nothing at all.. Whilst it was the EEC, the tariff free trade with the EEC ( even though during that time we saw French fishermen blockading the channel ports, we saw French farmers burning British beef, lamb and pigs , complaining at cheaper imports into their country from the UK) Or was that after it became the EU ?

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're not really sticking to the spirit of the thread though.
    Come on, this is a little experiment that seems to be going well.
    On the other thread you could write that I'm glad that I'm not paying the EU money and that foreign criminals aren't coming into the country, that is then a positive.

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So on the other thread you should be positive that you were losing nothing.

19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Then with the greatest of respect you should be directing your attention to the other thread.

chippie244 likes this.
  20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

JJ, this is about what you liked about being in the EU, if you didn't like it don't post on here please.