BREXIT, Who Is Laughing Now?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. No further answer needed, please read previous posts.

But a slight correction, the comparative european to the comparative Brit, for a fair comparison.

2. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

Then I believe data trumps your anecdote.

Look at PISA or TIMMS statistics or proportion of British population who have undergrad degrees.

3. I think oecd, as i mentioned earlier, outtrumps you.

Unless I have read the data wrong?

Uk in the pisa data is long way behind other european countries.?

4. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

Just as its been label as our democratic system doesn't ment it is democratic, would you say that over 5 million people are represented by 1 seat in parliament but 1.5 million people are reprisented yes by 56 MP's, please feel free to try to argue the case that's not disproportionate and undemocractic :eek:

5. Do you understand the difference between government and parliament?

6. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

... and ahead of a bunch of others. We're mid-table or better, but all those in the middle are basically the same. Statistically, we'd say there's no significant difference.

7. ok if you say so :)

8. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

British law? The referendum was not legally binding everyone knows that but was a question asked to the public on how they feel about membership of the EU, so when the establishment doesn't get the answer it hoped for they try to undermine and disrupt the process called for by the majority of people, and this time there used law as a mechanism to do this with judges (unelected) and clearly bias to make a ruling. the question asked was democracy at its Simplest in or out "rule of the people" the people voted to leave, and now the dirty politics claiming to be acting democratically rears its head.

9. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

Have you got a valid response?

10. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

The report you half-read say so.

11. I thought it was.

I re read it.

It still is

12. I will agree that you can read the data and find lots of answers.

But i did say, comparative persons, not an overall chart

13. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

Maybe you should re read another time? what way did I refer to any part of the current government, only about current members of parliament? And you didn't tell me how our "democratic system" was a good representation of the British public?

14. Ok i re read it again.

You mention seats in parliament and a comparison to MP's
    So , I ak again, do you undersrand the difference between government and parliament?

15. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

They are the same thing an MP holds a seat in parliament, Oh dear dig yourself outta that one?? are you sure you know the difference and still not response to my question

16. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

17. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

there
    If you have read the post 3 times and still can't get it I see how your opinion of British people intellect is so inferior.

I could have said 5 million people are reprisented by 1 seat and 1.5 million are reprisented by 56 seats

Or

5 million = 1 MP's
    1.5 million = 56 MP's

Either way you are concerning yourself with a figure of speech and not the point of the post

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Just for a laugh.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  19. Are you seriously trying to tell me that he was influenced in any way by this? If so, SAY SO!

And back it up with a teeny tad more than wishful thinking and conspiracy theory.

And, what about his two learned colleagues? :rolleyes:

JJ, you've lost the plot. Brexit has done this to you. You are not thinking straight, man.

But that's ok - 'cos you haven't ever on this issue.

RIP JJ's reasoning.

20. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yes, the NHS worker who hoped that Brexiter's children get ill and need Great Ormond St Hospital was really spooky (or did ya miss that bit?) ( and were the Remainers on the panel too polite to point out that she was well out of order too? )
    . Did you forget that little bit of nonsense by her, accidentally, or did you just watch what the Brexiters were saying?