Broadband Speed Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Mar 20, 2021.

1. I use my laptop upstairs with TP Link adapters and a ethernet cable connecting the laptop. lately the speed has been very slow I have done several speed checks today some wired and some wireless and I get the slow speed whichever method I use.Some of the download speeds were 6.56,7.68 and 2.05 have just tried again and the download speed was 0.27 and the upload speed was 0.02 which is ridiculous.Have just take the laptop downstairs and connected it to the router and the first download speed I got was 30.45.Can someone suggest what the problem may be and how to resolve it.This is a new problem

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Move router upstairs an option?

Invest in a mesh wifi setup is another option.

You can try turning the router off for a few mins and back on to reset

3. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Dump the powerline adapters and cable properly.

4. I re-booted the router and re-paired the adapters following instructions from the TP Link site and my speed now is 38mbps

5. BillyBobToo

BillyBobToo Active Member

You're not on TalkTalk are you?

6. Pazzy

Pazzy New Member

Looki into the TP link m5 mesh WiFi disks, if you get them at the right time they cost roughly £130 for three. Seems alot I know but they are well worth the money! Transformed the WiFi availablity in my home and garden. Just remember to read the instructions or watch a setup vid on youtube