Broken Double Glazed Door Locking Plate

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by ALittleKnowledge, Jul 23, 2021.

  1. I need a Double Glazing Door guru...

    Although it is not completely obvious from the picture the plate against which the latch of our rear door has snapped. I'm not familar with locks or double glazing so I don't know what this thing is called so don't know how to start googling. It looks like it is simply secured in the metal strip by the two screws top and bottom so I think it could be replaceable?

    The door locks if you raise the handle and engage the bolts but will not stay closed on the 'latch' alone.

    Any clues on what this piece is called? Are they available somewhere?


    Thanks in advance
  2. spirits are real 2016

    spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

    It looks like it just needs adjustment the screws either side will adjust it then screw them tighter..
  3. sparky steve

    sparky steve Screwfix Select

    Latch keep/striker plate
    ALittleKnowledge likes this.
  4. ginger tuffs

    ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

    Go to your local window shop and asked to look at window that have been taken out and get one from them
  5. ginger tuffs

    ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

    Search eBay for up call latch keep loads will come up
    ALittleKnowledge likes this.
  6. Thanks all.

    "Avocet Replacement Centre Latch Keep Striker Plate For Upvc Door Lock Keep"

    looks pretty similar
  7. The bit on the left is sheared off... I'm just holding it in place with my finger.
  8. sparky steve likes this.
  9. ginger tuffs

    ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

    Glad you are sorted

Share This Page