Broken shower single lever valve, help me source a replacement please

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by John Trimming, Sep 30, 2019.

1. John Trimming

John Trimming New Member

My shower is very old but I can't afford to replace it.

The single lever valve is used to control flow (angle) and flow type (to shower head or separate output for water, pulsed spa type output). Temperature control is separate.

The valve has broken irreparably (see photos attached) - several ways of fixing it on / repairing it have failed.

1) Does anyone recognise the shower type, and know where to get a spare part for the handle?

2) Alternatively, can anyone recommend a "generic" single lever valve which I could fix somehow to the black plastic stalk off which it broke?

Help would be much appreciated - RSVP

Attached Files:

2. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

sorry cant see the photos.....

3. John Trimming

John Trimming New Member

sorry just added them

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

5. andy48

andy48 Screwfix Select

You could try B&Q for a length of square aluminium tubing with an internal size to fit over the black plastic. Cut to a suitable length and push over the plastic. Could be fixed with a self tapping screw into the plastic. I'd advise some padding for the non-tap end to provide user protection.

6. Mrs Plumber

Mrs Plumber Member

7. Simon Tam

Simon Tam New Member

If you cannot find a replacement, why not try to fix the old one again. It seemed that the square box of the broken handle had been split apart, thus rendering the handle loosen from the square nut. I would use a hot glue gun to fill up part of the void space inside the old handle with hot glue, i.e. the void between the inner casing of the broken handle and the external surface of the square box hole , just up to the edge of the square box, making sure no hot glue is leaked into inner void square. After the hot glue cool down, the glue would form a stiff wall just outside the square box, preventing the square box from splitting apart again when you Screw it back to the shower square nut.