Brushed Steel Sockets

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Shandy Ray, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Shandy Ray

Shandy Ray New Member

I can only find brushed steel double socket outlets and 2 gang light switches with white plastic inserts-can any one help & give any supplier details that have got brushed steel sockets with black inserts -I've looked at many suppliers- but can't find any.

2. Spitfire

Spitfire New Member

Bit on the pricey side & depending on how many you need but I've seen them in that rare place - a well stocked B&Q warehouse.

3. Parky

Parky New Member

Try tlc.com (The lighting company) they sell all types of sockets and switches from wood to gold plate, including brushed steel.

4. Shandy Ray

Shandy Ray New Member

Thanks Spitfire - A well stocked B& Q warehouse.....that is quite rare!!!!

Parky, thanks for the supplier name i'll try their website!

5. jools

jools New Member

try tlc-direct, you may have to contact them and order them as a special, but shouldn't be a problem.

6. mr.kitchen

mr.kitchen New Member

hi Shandy Ray, Mr Kitchen here (kitchens to the Cognoscenti) I use Stainless fascias from Hamilton. They are normally white inserts, but black can be ordered as a special.These fascias are quite expensive but they are cast metal (as opposed to pressed which all the cheap ones are) and the brushing is horizontal and very similar to the finish on Neff, etc, type appliances. I have tried many types in my time and find these to be the best in terms of finish and quality. I get them from T & R electrical in East Molesey but I'm sure you can get them at other suppliers. Don't forget to put the gasket on, as plaster from the walls can cause the metal to start to corrode (as with all metal fascias) and don't forget to attach an earth from the tag to the mounting box on light switches. cheers, Mr K.

7. Stephen

Stephen New Member

Try RPP - They go a large range of steel sockets etc. Unlike other steel sockets the plastic inserts are only around the the points where the plug pins enter the socket i.e. you don't have a large plastic area in the middle of your stainless steel sockets.

8. micky

micky New Member

have a look at www.lighting-direct.co.uk.
    they have a good range.

9. JMH

JMH New Member

try William Wilson, electrical wholesalers, they offer white & black inserts - same price as screwfix & a wider choice of units eg triple light switch.