BT Infinity 1 changes.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KIAB, Sep 30, 2017.

1. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

So, those on Infinity 1 get Infinity 2 at Infinity 1 prices. Those on Infinity 2 get Infinity 2 at Infinity 2 prices ... Pity they have not decided to reward the Infinity 2 customers too.

3. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

All rather annoying, usual BT cock up, a lot of disgruntled Infinity 2 users & still no response from BT as to what's happening to us.

Have considered moving ISP, but I still have 5 month to run on exsisting contract, BT wanted a silly price to end it early.:(
    So, sticking it out for week or two & see what happens,as Bath is one of the new trial area's for BTOR G.Fast trial with download speeds of up to 160Mbps (30Mbps upload) and up to 330Mbps (30Mbps upload),& the 1Gb FTTP (Fibre to the premises) rollout, either of which might benefit me.:)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Pollowick likes this.
  4. Pollowick

I agree, as Business Infinity 2 customer with fixed IP, I already pay a premium. We have already had BT Communicator - the PC based VOIP application removed, free VOIP call allowance dropped from 500 to 200 minutes ... and b' all for it.

5. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  6. Pollowick

Talking with BT earlier today ... there is apparently something in the pipeline for Infinity 2 users. I could not quite extract exactly what.

7. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Thanks for update, I'm rater p****d off at the moment, I'm paying Infinity 2 price for 76Mb, which Infinity 1 users are getting cheaper.:mad:
    BT want a stupid amount to end the remaining 7 months of my contract,so I'm stick like many others, rather poor show by BT not explaining what is going to happen to us Infinity 2 users, wonder whether we will get a free month credit...:rolleyes:

Had OR & BNE working on the G Fast pods on cabinets around Bath, my cabinet, engineer was working on it at 7pm on a Friday evening.:eek:

8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Active Member

Hoping that G-Fast is what we on Infinity 2 are going to get as well. Been with Zen on Infinity 2 for the last 3 years and got moved to Zen's own backhaul in March this year with my speed at 78Mb. Just hope that now being on Zen's own backhaul dosn't mean that i miss a move to G-Fast if it's in the near future.

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

Any one still on 28kbs dial up? :p

10. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Active Member

be careful. upgrading means starting a new 12/24 month contract!

11. kitfit1

kitfit1 Active Member

28Kbs ?.........................luxury luxury......................i have very fond memories of 4Kbs :p

KIAB likes this.
  12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Active Member

I know, but got no intention of moving from Zen so it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

13. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

14. kitfit1

kitfit1 Active Member

Let's hope that those of us on Infinity 2 get a free upgrade to 160/30.

15. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

I do hope so.[​IMG]

16. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member