Built-in microwave

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Rockyboy, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Rockyboy

Rockyboy New Member

035088D0-0A65-4CB3-AF1B-F3D231430B4E.jpeg Hi all, I just wanted to ask a silly question and whether there are any specific regulations against building in a microwave into the splashback kitchen area, so essentially just recessing it into the stud wall.
    Reason I ask is I don’t have any spare counter space and I don’t want the MW in a wall cupboard, I have full access to the kitchen stud wall at the moment as am renovating the entire openplan room.

Many thanks in advanced!

2. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Well-Known Member

free standing units require ventilation and I'm sure the manuals will show minimum ventilation clearances. Built in microwaves can be built in to units, but again with ventilation requirements. Personally I wouldn't do what you are thinking.

kitfit1 likes this.
  3. Allsorts

Allsorts Well-Known Member

Please don't consider trying to build-in a microwave that hasn't been specifically designed for this.

kitfit1 likes this.
  4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely don't do what your thinking of doing OP. If you wan't an integrated Microwave, then buy one. Most integrated microwaves draw air in and vent air out from the front of the machine. Freestanding microwaves are designed to be vented all round.