...burp...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 1, 2017.

1. The dreaded lurgy has hit the Advocate household, with all members - bar one so far - coming down with various intensities of V&D.

For most, it was a case of a few hurls and stomach cramps and a fairly quick recovery. For one, it was accompanied with a fast trot to the toilet bowl as well.

You will all be pleased to hear that it was all very minor in my own personal case - no vomiting and none of the other stuff either. But I was off my food, and couldn't even summon a glass of whisky to my lips - it was that bad.

However, a rare new symptom struck me - and, as a consequence - the rest of the family this morn.

I woke up and realised I was not fully over the bug, still feeling slightly tender, somewhat semi-detached.

Then, in the kitchen, whilst getting everyone ready, it happened...

I burped.

I realised instantly that this was no ordinary burp. It stank. To high heaven. Evil it was.

My wife came in to the kitchen, recoiled, and immediately accused me of having farted.

In the midst of her calling me 'disgusting' and much much worse, I maintained my innocence - I had not farted (shades of Damian Green 'denials' here?)

I then confessed what it actually was - and she ran off nearly hurling at the thought of it.

Needless to say, I burped again.

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Well thanks for that insight DA. Much like the sensation waking up to find the bloomin country has voted to leave the EU...

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. :D

I feel better already :D

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Try probiotic yogurt,which contains live active bacteria cultures containing bacteria like Lactobacillus acidophilus, great if your poorly & have gut rot.:D

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I have a rhubarb Activia everyday :D

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Doctor recommended a couple of probiotic yogurts a day, when I was recovering from appendicitis op a few years ago.

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I just love rhubarb :p:p:p

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

with loads of custard.[​IMG]

Had a glut of rhubarb in the garden this year,freezer is full with it.[​IMG]

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Rhubard crumble and custard, my fav. Dad grew rhubarb in the garden, nothing like it when its fresh.

[​IMG]

KIAB likes this.
  10. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

DA, can't you put your old picture back? You were far prettier in those days.

11. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I've changed mine, better?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  12. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

DA Whats new????

You've always had V&D

VERBAL DIARRHOEA.

13. Who?

14. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

15. Cooool - good lady :)

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  16. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

17. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Yes Doctor B, excellent. Is it you? If so can I come round to your consulting rooms? I suddenly feel a need for treatment.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  18. Just for you.

You're welcome.

KIAB likes this.
  19. Robin1972

Robin1972 New Member

Dev ... behave yourself man.
    We will have no more of this nonsense.
    Who changes a trusted avi? Have you taken leave of your senses?
    It makes me uncomfortable. Just put the avi back & we will say no more.

:mad:

KIAB and Deleted member 33931 like this.