C+G 2382-10 - What a farce...

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by JonnyNitro, Sep 30, 2009.

1. JonnyNitro

JonnyNitro New Member

Just spent the last 3 days and £450 doing a 3 day 17th Edition regs course. How on earth this qualification is worth the paper that it's written on beggars belief. As far as I'm concerned, all it proves is that you are capable of using an index and a calculator, and that you've got the ability to endure the boredom of running through endless test papers.

The subject matter might as well be car mechanics, tree or brain surgery, it's all immaterial as long as you can use an index.

The fact that 4 of the 10 people in my class failed is a sad reflection on their intellect, I wouldn't let them walk down the street unsupervised if they can't pass. The fact they were all currently working in the industry is even worse.

A 60% pass mark on an open book exam is a disgrace, I wouldn't want an electrician working in my home if they got 40% of their decisions wrong, even having consulted a book - and that's just the ones that passed the exam !

It would be nice to feel some sense of achievement having passed this exam, but all I feel is ripped off.

Having a 2382 qualification really isn't much to be proud of.

2. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Had you failed it yourself, presumably you wouldn't have felt the need to post such a thread?

Lucia.

3. sparkies r us

sparkies r us New Member

Hiya, I Can't believe that 4 out of 10 failed the exam....I suppose they done quite well by finding the exam room i guess, Mind you we were told that you needed around 85% to get a pass.. I'm interested to see who else on here has done the exam and see what they were told the pass mark was. I didn't mind doing the 3 day course it was a break from norm of a screwdriver and hammer in hand but I still think we should just be able to take the exam with out the course, After all we are doing it day in day uot and we should all know our stuff really..!!! ( One bloke out of 10 of us failed, but we had already had a bit of a wager on that result before the first day was up..!!) I look forward to reading your replies, Steve

4. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

only gays pass exams

cheers

5. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

it was a break from norm of a screwdriver and hammer in hand........

What possible 'norm' would involve the combination of a 'screwdriver and hammer'?

Have you thought about buying a chisel?

Lucia.

6. sparkies r us

sparkies r us New Member

Cheers for that lucia, Where can i buy a good one...!!! lol

7. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

Just spent the last 3 days and £450 doing a 3 day 17th Edition regs course. How on earth this qualification is worth the paper that it's written on beggars belief. As far as I'm concerned, all it proves is that you are capable of using an index and a calculator, and that you've got the ability to endure the boredom of running through endless test papers.
    Sorry, do it 6 months, before the dance, began!
    No test papers, you may think different?????
    OR, you may be a natural genious???????
    Fair enough!:)

8. roukel01

roukel01 New Member

perhaps if you'd done the full 11 week regs course rather than a stupid 3 day "Lets just get you through" course, you wouldn't have felt so ripped off, and come away with a little better understanding of the regs.

9. JonnyNitro

JonnyNitro New Member

Considering that more than 90% of the course time was spent doing trial papers many of which can be found online, I too can't see the necessity of the 3 day course. An exam option alone should be made available. Attending the 2 and a half days prior to the exam is little more than a money making scheme.

10. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

Do, it with no past papers ever!

11. JonnyNitro

JonnyNitro New Member

If I'd done an 11 week regs course I reckon I'd have lost the will to live. 3 days was more than enough. Someone else makes the rules, and if a 3 day course gets me the qualification I need, then a 3 day course it is.

12. sparkies r us

sparkies r us New Member

I was told that because it was more than a couple of years since i had taken the 16th Edition exam I had to take the 3 day course.

13. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

JONNY, YOU NEED TO DANCE!
    sO HOW GOOD ARE YOU *????????????

[Edited by: admin]

14. JonnyNitro

JonnyNitro New Member

What a load of cobblers ! Just crazy reasoning to extract more of your hard earned cash.

15. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

DANCE GENIOUS???????????

16. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

good game good game

cheers

17. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

sILL, *, OFFFFFFFF, THERE IS ONLLY ONE BRUCE BOY!:)

[Edited by: admin]

18. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

I take these exams without a course, costs around £30.00

19. Accaman

Accaman New Member

I agree with you Nitro,but luckily i got my course funded so i was not 2 bothered...:)n btw i got 95% and im a self taught chancer!!!

20. jay_t

jay_t New Member

Did mine last may, I paid a local college £50 and they let me sit the exam without taking the course. I got 98%. (Still haven't figured out how you get 98% of 60 questions correct??) Anyway, the point of the exam is to prove you understand and know how to find the relevant regs, that's all. It's not meant to be about anything else.