Cabinet door edging peeling away

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Jay459, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

I have grey vinyl wrap doors in my kitchen, the edging is starting to peel away.

Any tips on sticking this back on.

I was thinking of brushing impact adhesive on then putting duct tape over it for 48 hours to keep it presses down

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001P03RY/ref=emc_b_5_mob_t

2. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

If you mean actually vinyl wrap then it’s pretty thin stuff and impact adhesive will probably show through. I would use spray contact adhesive, but try to buy a brand called Trim-Fix. Made for vehicle upholstery and far superior to anything else I’ve tried. Never peels and is resistant to heat which most others don’t seem to be.

If however the vinyl wrap is more like a flexible laminate sheet over MDF like a lot of gloss kitchens seem to be from the factory, then the brushed impact adhesive will be fine.

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Duct tape may leave an adhesive residue. Stretch wrap/cling film (hand or pallet) is my go to in situations like this. It is self tensioning and easily removed when required.

Truckcab79 likes this.