Cabinet for a slimline dishwasher

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by David DD, Jul 13, 2018.

1. David DD

David DD Member

I shall soon be replacing our kitchen. We have a integrated slimline dishwasher by Howdens that I'd like to keep. It's width is 450mm and height 820mm. This appears to mean it sits in a cabinet and not on the floor. But a standard 450mm cabinet is not wide enough to fit it (due to thickness of walls - 2 x 18mm). So how is the unit housed?

2. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Well-Known Member

Is it not sitting between the two adjacent cabinets with possibly end plates fitted? It's unusual for them to sit inside a cabinet.

A photo would help

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Well-Known Member

Its not meant to be in a cabinet.

4. David DD

David DD Member

Thank you. Unfortunately I am out of my house at the moment (we holiday let it) and I was relying on old photos I took and data from Howdens website. Thinking about it more I am sure you are correct. I will also call in to a Howdens store to ask.

5. David DD

David DD Member

I think you are right but the height mentioned on the Howdens website suggests it sits on a shelf? Anyway I will call in to a local store to ask. Thanks for replying though.

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

No David, the height mentioned suggests it sits on the floor with legs protruding about 50mm to give it a height of 870mm. That is the standard height for all a built under appliance.

7. David DD

David DD Member

I'm sure you are right. Thank you. Makes sense