Cable clip size

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Jim122, May 11, 2018.

1. Jim122

Jim122 New Member

Hi,
    I have a 1mm twin and earth and 1mm three core and earth to clip together. I'm wondering what size clip would fit the two cables the best?

Regards

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Well-Known Member

1mm/1.5mm clips will be too small for 3 core. Use 2.5mm clips or buy the ones specifically for 3 core. 2.5mm will work ok but cable will be a loose fit so your cable will flop about a bit. If it's on display I would use conduit or chase and plaster in.

4. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Well-Known Member

Plaster in ?
    He is clipping to timber beams.......what type of plaster ?
    :)
    Rs

Risteard likes this.
  5. Coloumb

Coloumb Well-Known Member

The special type that works on wood of course. Not heard of that before eh?:)

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

I must have used 2.5mm clips for clipping 1mm 3&E in my shack? Was a slightly loose fit IIRC but worked just fine.

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

You need to drink plenty before hand, then you'll be sufficiently plastered.

8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

You should always purchase the correct size clips for the cable Tower being my brand of preference..nowt worse then seeing oversized clips being used - aye one example being the use of 2.5 clips on 1mm cable, its not professional and it looks pants..and also white clips on grey cable really is so naff..grey for grey cable and white for white cable, although myself I never use white t + e

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  9. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Think the OP is looking for a double clip for the cables, which they won't find for different sizes.

10. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Well-Known Member

10mm clips will fit over both cables maybe 6mm also

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

Or just use the right size clip per cable spaced at regular intervals in opposite directions.

Risteard likes this.