Cable for 5hob induction

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Grant Ridley, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Grant Ridley

Grant Ridley New Member

Hi, please can someone post me a link to purchase a cable suitable for an AEG induction hob that has a fuse rating of 32amps and 7.3kw elec connection?

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Screwfix Select

Needs hard wiring by an electrician so leave it to them

3. Grant Ridley

Grant Ridley New Member

I have someone to do it but I need to purchase the cable, hence my question.

4. jonathanc

jonathanc Screwfix Select

What do they suggest?

5. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

Many hobs are designed for multi countries, some have links and some use 4 or more core cable, so we can say likely needs 4 mm sq cable, but as to three or four core, or if special heat resisting or not, we simply don't know. Mine is wired with 6 mm sq twin and earth, but the unit is British, in Spain they use split phase supplies and many units are designed so they can be used either single phase or split phase, so simply can't say what you need, often the instructions do say however.

6. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Are you referring to the flexible cable which connects from the hob to the cooker outlet plate?
    Possibly a 4.0mm ² butyl flex which is heat resistant to 85°C with a current rating of 35amps is all that will be required.
    However that is purely conjecture on my behalf! and i suggest you leave the cable choice to the person who will be carrying out the installation.

7. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Well-Known Member

What sparky steve said. You can't muck about with high-current cooker or hob supplies. It worries me that you're having to buy cable which any electrician will have reels of on his van - plus the knowledge and qualifications to do the job competently and safely. If your man isn't a professional - get someone who is.