Cable Reel

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Lijong Tao, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

My electric cable reel with 4 sockets has finally reached the bin and so I am looking for another good quality one. I use it in the garden for the lawn mower, also use it with my Kranzle pressure washer as well as tools, drills etc and so I'd like a decent quality one with a thicker cable that will take all the equipment I have

Thanks so much in advance

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I make my own as long reals are a pain having to pull all the way out for short runs. Guess it depends how long you want but I have a few. I bought 10m real but shortened to 4m and that's the one I use the most

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I also got an assortment of short leads made from arctic cable,like 3mtr,5mtr10mtrs,etc, I hate using leads longer than they need to be,a accident waiting to happen.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Wayners likes this.
  5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I burnt a real out when I was 17 streaming wallpaper... Melted as acts as a electro magnet. Big bang and flash... You only do that once so pull the cable all the way out. Never use while wound up

masterdiy and KIAB like this.
  6. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

Thank you all,
    very helpful