Cables and rockwool

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by yorkshireboy, May 27, 2007.

1. yorkshireboy

yorkshireboy Member

If cables are run in a soundproof partition as in 3x2 full of rockwool do they need to be in conduit?

2. losingit

losingit New Member

If cables are run in a soundproof partition as in 3x2
    full of rockwool do they need to be in conduit.Would,nt the cables have to be derated the same in conduit in rockwool as they would be without conduit?

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

If cables are run in a soundproof partition as in 3x2
    full of rockwool do they need to be in conduit?

Are they surrounded in insulation?

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Wonder how many people actually apply derating calcs when running in conduit and stuff like Rockwool?..

5. yorkshireboy

yorkshireboy Member

Cables are in and clipped to the studs I was going to fill between with insulation,a building control electrical inspector will be visiting so I just wondered what the regs are.
    I have seen sparks running all in conduit but also been told by another that this is only needed if the insulation surrounds the cable.
    If this is right what about everyone filling there lofts with insulation on top of the existing cables??

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Suppose the question to ask is..Does Rockwool have leeching properties?

7. losingit

losingit New Member

I was told by building control to clip cables to studs so contact only on 1 side with ins.The scenario would be worse if inside cond eclosed in ins.LI.

8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Cables are in and clipped to the studs

That's fine then..