can a good plumber explain this

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by chippyno, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Itandje

Itandje New Member

" So the manufacturer has undersized the exp vessel? I don't think so matey. unless you know different?????

Hate to tell you this pal :^O , but he does know better. The manufacturer doesn't know what size system the boiler is being fitted to.

2. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Sounds like the vessel isn't charged correctly to the system size. Increase the charge by 0.5 bar they come with 0.5 bar you need more by the sound of the pressure when hot.

The drop is a leak somewhere now you normally don't see small leaks when hot so you need to raise the cold pressure to 3 bar and look at every acessible joint & rad valve caps off, also check bleed plugs and blanks on the rads. If you don't find anything stick a bottle of leak sealer in and follow the instructions on the bottle. Remember to drop the pressure before you fire up.

3. billybongos

billybongos New Member

Imran says "Sounds like an undersized exp vesssel and water out of the PRV. Who cares if you've replaced the original like for like. Does that mean it's the correct size.

" So the manufacturer has undersized the exp vessel? I don't think so matey. unless you know different?????

Hate to tell you this pal , but he does know better. The manufacturer doesn't know what size system the boiler is being fitted to.

imran is usually correct ;)

kindest of regards
    billy

4. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

i would have thought boiler manus would oversize the vessel rather than under , just my two peneth

5. imran_

imran_ New Member

Boiler mfrs size for an "average system" that the boiler will be connected to. Oversizing costs money and space, not something you get with a low end boiler.

If there's definitely no water out of the PRV then it's a leak. This could be simply checked cold with a pressure tester. Without making it any more simplistic, the water has to go somewhere!.

You then need to start isolating parts of the system to test. Must be under the floor at a guess - most other places it would have shown up by now.

If cold pressure is 1 bar expansion really shouldn't push it all the day to 3 bar if correctly sized.