Can anyone ID this tool?

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by philip crouch, Oct 14, 2018.

  1. philip crouch

    philip crouch New Member


    Can anyone tell me what this tool is called? it was supplied by a gazebo manufacturer - and its purpose is to push out and replace the metal ''rivets' which hold the gazebo together. but this one is made of plastic so it is not up to the job. we have already broken one. the manufacturer can't help. we want to find something made of metal...!

    Attached Files:

  2. KIAB

    KIAB Well-Known Member

    What are these rivets like.
  3. chippie244

    chippie244 Well-Known Member

    Cut the head off a G clamp
    KIAB likes this.
  4. WillyEckerslike

    WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

    You might find a chain breaker that is large enough or, failing that, it doesn't look difficult to make.
  5. Richard_

    Richard_ Active Member

  6. Isitreally

    Isitreally Well-Known Member

    As with all of these type of tools, you have to drill or grind one side of the rivet off first and use the tool to push it out, if you just try and force it out the tool will break as you've found out.
    Squashrobinson likes this.
  7. philip crouch

    philip crouch New Member

    thanks, gents. these are really interesting suggestions. I will be on site tmrw to have a look at the detail of this, the configuration of the structure etc.
  8. retiredsparks

    retiredsparks Well-Known Member

    Just use a metal punch

    Attached Files:

  9. furious_customer

    furious_customer Active Member

    What brand of gazebo is it?

Share This Page