Can anyone identify this light fixture?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by mrseb, Nov 2, 2017.

1. mrseb

mrseb New Member

Heya,

Just bought a house and doing some DIY - including fixing some light fixtures! One of them is completely busted - the bayonet bit is broken, so it won't hold a bulb.

By any chance... does anyone recognise this light fixture? I'd like to just replace the broken bit, rather than the whole baseplate. But it's modular - so I need the right bit that fits in.

I would guess that the fixture is about 10 years old. So maybe it'll be impossible to find a new one anyway!

Any help would be much appreciated...! Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just google batten holder

SF 51084 @ £3:19p

3. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

And tbh the complete fitting is only a couple of quid anyway.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

And before you take any wires off ... MARK THEM ALL, and TAKE PICTURES from various angles so you know which wire was where and there will not be another "How do I rewire this light?" thread.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It only a single live/netrual & earth, so should be simple.:rolleyes:

7. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I know but it is quite easy to get it wrong! Just look closely at how it is was already wired incorrectly with the Blue (Neutral) going to the twin and Brown (Live) going to the triple.

8. mrseb

mrseb New Member

Thanks everyone! I think it's this batten holder - very similar to the one linked above, but slightly different: https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-batten-lamp-holder-white/93835

Yeah, fairly simple wiring on this one - I should be fine. Another light fixture in the hallway has like... FOUR neutral and FOUR live wires coming into it! Glad I'm not fixing that one...