Can I strip a sealed plug?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by eyetry, Feb 4, 2004.

1. eyetry

eyetry New Member

2. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Cant see a prob with it,my only advice would be to whip-out the BS 1363 13A fuse, usually is in theese things! and replace with a 3 or better still 2A or even a 1A available from most wholesalers.

Sifi

3. eyetry

eyetry New Member

So replace the 13A fuse in the adaptor with a 2 or 1A?

Many thanks Sifi.

4. eyetry

eyetry New Member

Of Course the ADAPTOR - considering I'm cutting the others off and disgarding. Doohh.

Ignore me while I slap myself about.

Thanks again Sifi.

5. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

So replace the 13A fuse in the adaptor with a
    2 or 1A?

Many thanks Sifi.

No probs,in the pic of the product,black band on cover looks like a fuse holder,as I said change that for a 3/2/1A as it would be a shame to see your be-loved hifi/games stuff go out of this world with a bang,due to what teeny weeny current they are all going to draw.

6. leeds spark

leeds spark New Member

Only problem with doing this is you mayinvlidate any warranty you have remaining on you equipment,just something to think bout with a new £4000 plasma tv........

7. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle New Member

Putting 4 appliances in to 1 plug means they'll all be tied together, making them a pig to move!
    Unless they have their own plugs and sockets on the back of the appliances.

8. holly

holly New Member

don't forget to destroy sealed plug so kids cant plug it back in

9. eyetry

eyetry New Member

LOL Leedspark - Me & a £4000 Plasma?? I'm not on Sparks wages..!!! Didn't give the waranty a thought but all except the PS2 have expired I think.

CB - I've just re decorated and had new carpets so I hope that this lot won't be moving for a while.

Holly - Wise words, those plugs were binned straight away as I have a very active 2 year old running about the place.

Sorry to put this back at the top of the forum list but I feel it's important to acknowledge your time and say thanks.