Can someone recommend a Nest installer in Teesside please?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by jyonline, Jan 12, 2022.

1. jyonline

jyonline New Member

Can someone recommend a Nest installer in Teesside please?
    preferably one that won't have my eyes out ;-)

2. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Have you tried contacting a few from the official list:

https://nest.com/uk/nest-pro-installation/

Otherwise try family/friends recommendations of electricians. Ask if they are familiar with heating electrics.

3. jyonline

jyonline New Member

tried that, got nowt

4. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

There are quite a few companies listed in Teeside if you use the Nest link above. How much have you been quoted so far?

5. Dan Mc

Dan Mc New Member

How handy are you? I done mine myself, I was fortunate enough to find a tutorial on youtube with the exact same boiler model. Obviously only carry it out if you're competent enough to do so.

6. jyonline

jyonline New Member

Asked for quote from 6 of them - not one replied

7. jyonline

jyonline New Member

Well - this is what I've got

Recently had a new boiler installed and I now have a new Nest thermostat that I would like installing
    It's a system with a hot water tank
    There is a Drayton programmer in the kitchen - hot water is timed from there, Heating is set always on there and is controlled from a wired Honeywell CM67 thermostat in the hall
    I'd like the main unit to replace the programmer in the kitchen and the nest thermostat to be usb powered in the front room (have usb power where it's going) - but, with the option to wall mount with a 12v feed where the hall thermostat is - no power at thermostat currently

So. had a go at setting it up myself, took the programmer out, wired the hub in - connected to Nest stat - got heating to work but, couldn't get water on :-(
    Tried with two wires connected at old stat
    Couldn't work out how toget 12v back to old stat position, in case I wanted to fit Nest stat in hall.