Can someone remind me?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by ukwoody, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

So I left home early this morning. Did a VERY hard days graft with fire doors. Come home knackerd.
    Cook tea, then answer msgs on ansaphone, go onto PC to do quotes/estimates and letters finally finishing at 22.05.

Please remind me of just WHY I am self employed?????

a very tired, knackered Woody.

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Did you get paid ?

Mr. Handyandy - really

3. panlid

panlid New Member

money money money with you isnt it andy:(

4. pine-pro

pine-pro New Member

freedom .................
    to knock of early and do quotes!!!!!!

5. Boxer Red

Boxer Red New Member

I too have had my doubts. I just think of having some 12 yr old hitler telling me how to do my job, not being allowed to have time off when i want and havibg to explain why i was a min late cos of traffic!
    BR

6. magical trevor

magical trevor New Member

Because it's your choice what to do and when to do it , you enjoy it ( normally) and you dont have the office politics that go with that c R a P.

You can do good quality work, get paid well for it , and if people dont appreciate it ... then you dont see them again!

All in all it better than working for someone else, you get true satisfaction from it ... otherwise you wouldn't bother.

sometimes lifes a b I tc H , but the good time make up for it. swearing is compulsory when things aren't going well... chinup and best of luck.

bpm

7. panlid

panlid New Member

cause if i wake up and cant be bothered i can just grab my phone and tell the customer my mum has died.
    (again);)

oh shut up!!!! its only a joke:)

8. trustedman

trustedman New Member

I worked in an office once, no one thanked me for anything I did, if i did it well I just got more of it to do.

Now customers thank me, it embarrases me, I mean sometimes you have only slapped a bit of emulsion around in the living room, but it makes a big difference to them. Gives me a warm feeling, although I have still done 13 hours today, oh well, might a get a thank you on thursday when I fit it for them